miércoles, 15 de abril de 2015

Depreston

The north of the city doesn't look that good... I'll stay in the south east for a while I reckon :)



You said we should look out further
I guess it wouldn’t hurt us
We don’t have to be around all these coffee shops

Now we’ve got that percolator
Never made a latte greater.
I’m savin 23 dollars a week

We drive to a house in Preston
We see police arrestin’
A man with his hand in a bag.

Hows that for first impressions
This place seems depressing
It’s a Californian bungalow in a cul-de-sac

Its got a lovely garden
A garage for two cars to park in
Or a lot of room for storage if you’ve just got one

And its going pretty cheap you say
Well it’s a deceased estate
Aren't the pressed metal ceilings great?

Then I see the handrail in the shower
The collection of those canisters for coffee tea and flour
And a photo of a young man in a van in Vietnam

And I cant think of floorboards anymore
Whether the front room faces south or north
And I wonder what she bought it for

If you’ve got a
Spare half a million

You could knock it down
And start rebuildin’


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario